The Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) recently posted a press release headlined “WSSA Scientists Say Herbicide Resistance Predates Genetically Engineered Crops by 40 Years.” From the WSSA release: You may think weeds resistant to herbicides are a new phenomenon linked to the overuse of glyphosate in genetically engineered crops, but according to the Weed Science Society of America […]
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- The problem with monoculture
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- As consumers shift to non-GMO sugar, farmers may be forced to abandon environmental and social gains
- Glyphosate use in wheat
- Where are the super weeds?
- The tiresome discussion of initial GMO expectations
- Herbicide resistance predates herbicides by over 80 years
- How much yield is enough?
- Everything in Agriculture is a Trade-Off