A while ago, I wrote a post summarizing the pros and cons of using a regulatory framework to slow the evolution of herbicide resistant weeds. As a part of that post, I suggested there exists a “resistance management paradox.” In a nutshell, to reduce the problem of herbicide resistant weeds, one important strategy may be to actually use more herbicide. […]
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- The problem with monoculture
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- GMOs and Herbicides: it's complicated
- Herbicide Diversity Trends in US Crops, 1990-2014
- Herbicide resistance predates herbicides by over 80 years
- Meet Andrew Kniss
- The tiresome discussion of initial GMO expectations
- Everything in Agriculture is a Trade-Off
- Where are the super weeds?