In my last post, I reviewed some recent research that suggests one of the best ways to delay the evolution of herbicide resistant weeds is to use mixtures of effective herbicides. Resistance is initially a very rare trait within a weed species, so the probability that any particular individual plant will be resistant to two […]
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The problem with monoculture
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- The tiresome discussion of initial GMO expectations
- Herbicide Diversity Trends in US Crops, 1990-2014
- The "failure" of biotechnology to increase crop yield
- Herbicide resistance predates herbicides by over 80 years
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- Do genetically engineered crops really increase herbicide use?
- The Cows Jumped Over the Moon
- Who funds my weed science program?