Dan Charles at NPR has recently done two interesting pieces about sugar production. In the first, he uses sugar as a proxy to look at the environmental costs and trade-offs of growing food in different places. It makes for an interesting comparison because there are two completely different crops (sugarcane and sugarbeet) that can be grown […]
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- The problem with monoculture
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- GMOs and Herbicides: it's complicated
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- Where are the super weeds?
- Superweeds: A Mutating Problem
- Herbicide resistance predates herbicides by over 80 years
- Recent Posters and Presentations
- Meet Andrew Kniss
- Glyphosate use in wheat