Agroecology (ag´ rō i kol´ ə jē), n. An ecosystems approach to agriculture. Agroecology. It’s an unfamiliar term to many people. And even people who are actively engaged in some aspect of agroecology sometimes disagree about what it means. I have to admit, even though the term is pretty important to me, I was fairly […]
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- As consumers shift to non-GMO sugar, farmers may be forced to abandon environmental and social gains
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- The problem with monoculture
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- The "failure" of biotechnology to increase crop yield
- Are herbicides responsible for the decline in Monarch butterflies?
- Glyphosate use in wheat
- GMOs and Herbicides: it's complicated
- Where are the super weeds?
- The tiresome discussion of initial GMO expectations