- Nissen, SJ and Kniss AR. (2015) Weed Management. (pp 75-94) in Dry Bean Pest Management & Production. 3rd Edition. H.F. Schwartz & M.A. Brick Eds. Regional Publication produced by Colorado State University, University of Nebraska, and University of Wyoming, (Bulletin 562A).
- Wilson RG, Kniss AR, Miller SD, and Nissen SJ. (2013) Weed Control. Chapter 10 (pp 139-156) in Sugarbeet Production Guide. 2nd edition. R.G. Wilson, Ed. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension, (EC156).
Peer Reviewed Publications:
(Click article titles to request a reprint)
- Kniss AR. (2017) Long-term trends in the intensity and relative toxicity of herbicide use. Nature Communications. 8:14865. doi:10.1038/ncomms14865
- Gaines TA, Barker AL, Patterson EL, Westra P, Westra EP, Wilson RG, Jha P, Kumar V, Kniss AR. (2016) EPSPS Gene Copy Number and Whole-Plant Glyphosate Resistance Level in Kochia scoparia. PLoS ONE 11(12):e0168295. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0168295
- Kniss AR, Savage SD, Jabbour R. (2016) Commercial Crop Yields Reveal Strengths and Weaknesses for Organic Agriculture in the United States. PLOS ONE. 11(8): e0161673. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0161673 [open access] (CORRECTED PDF | Original article)
- Greet BJ, Mealor BA, Kniss AR. (2016) Response of Delphinium occidentale and associated vegetation to aminocyclopyrachlor. Rangeland Ecology & Management. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.rama.2016.06.004. [open access]
- Sbatella GM, Kniss AR, Omondi EC, Wilson RG. (2016) Volunteer corn (Zea mays) interference in dry bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Weed Technology. Accepted. doi: 10.1614/WT-D-16-00037.1
- Douglass CH, Nissen SJ, Meiman PJ, and Kniss AR. (2016) Impacts of imazapyr and triclopyr soil residues on the growth of several restoration species. Rangeland Ecology & Management. In press.
- Kniss AR and Coburn CW. (2015) Quantitative evaluation of the Environmental Impact Quotient (EIQ) for comparing herbicides. PLoS ONE 10(6):e0131200. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0131200 [open access]
- Lee B, Ritten J, Bastian C, and Kniss A. (2015) Profitability of glyphosate-resistant sugarbeet production in whole farm systems. Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. 2015:154-165
- Douglass CH, Nissen SJ, Brunk G, and Kniss AR. (2015) Efficacy and environmental fate of imazapyr from directed helicopter applications targeting Tamarix species infestations in Colorado, USA. Pest Management Science. 72(2):379-387. DOI: 10.1002/ps.4016
- Ritz C, Kniss AR, and Streibig JC. (2015) Research Methods in Weed Science: Statistics. Weed Science. Special Issue:166-187. DOI: 10.1614/WS-D-13-00159.1 [open access]
- Hergert H, Mealor BA, and Kniss AR. (2015) Inter- and intraspecific variation in native restoration plants for herbicide tolerance. Ecological Restoration. 33:74-81.
- Omondi EC and Kniss AR. (2014) Interplanting Annual Ryegrass, Wheat, Oat, and Corn to Mitigate Iron Deficiency in Dry Beans. PLOS ONE. 9(12):e115673. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0115673. [open access]
- Lee B, Ritten J, Kniss A, and Bastian C. (2014) Profitability Comparison for Glyphosate-Resistant and Conventional Sugarbeet Production Systems. Journal of Sugar Beet Research. 51:2-13.
- Reddy KJ, Whitman AJ, and Kniss AR. (2014) Potential beneficial uses of coalbed natural gas (CBNG) water. Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts. 16:148-158.
- Kniss AR and Odero DC. (2013) Interaction between preemergence ethofumesate and postemergence glyphosate. Weed Technology. 27:47-53.
- Kniss AR, Sbatella GM, and Wilson RG. (2012) Volunteer corn interference and control in glyphosate-resistant sugarbeet. Weed Technology. 26:348-355.
- Kniss AR, Vassios JD, Nissen SJ, and Ritz C. (2011) Nonlinear regression analysis of herbicide absorption studies. Weed Science. 59:601-610.
- Kniss AR, Lyon DJ, Vassios JD, and Nissen SJ. (2011) MCPA synergizes imazamox for feral rye control. Weed Technology. 25:303-309.
- Odero DC, Mesbah AO, Miller SD, and Kniss AR. (2011) Interference of redstem filaree (Erodium cicutarium) in sugarbeet. Weed Science. 59:310-313.
- Kniss AR and Lyon DJ. (2011) Winter wheat response to pre-plant applications of aminocyclopyrachlor. Weed Technology. 25:51-57.
- Kniss AR (2010) Comparison of conventional and glyphosate-resistant sugarbeet the year of commercial introduction in Wyoming. Journal of Sugar Beet Research. 47:127-134.
- Odero DC, Mesbah A, Miller SD, and Kniss AR. 2010. Lanceleaf sage (Salvia reflexa) interference in sugarbeet. Weed Technology. 24:557-561.
- Lyon DJ and Kniss AR. (2010) Proso millet tolerance to saflufenacil. Weed Technology. 24:349-355.
- Odero DC, Mesbah AO, Miller SD, and Kniss AR. (2010) Wild Buckwheat (Polygonum convolvulus) Interference in Sugarbeet. Weed Technology. 24:59-63.
- Odero DC, Mesbah AO, Miller SD, and Kniss AR. (2009) Venice Mallow (Hibiscus trionum) Interference in Sugarbeet. Weed Technology. 23(4):581-585.
- Enloe SF and Kniss AR. (2009) Does a Diflufenzopyr Plus Dicamba Premix Synergize Russian Knapweed Control with Auxinic Herbicides? Invasive Plant Science and Management. 2(4):318-323.
- Enloe SF, Kniss AR, Ferrell M, and LaFantasie J. (2009) Black greasewood (Sarcobatus vermiculatus), gray rabbitbrush (Chrysothamnus nauseosa) and perennial grass response to chlorsulfuron and metsulfuron. Invasive Plant Science and Management. 2:247-252.
- Enloe SF and Kniss AR. (2009) Influence of Diflufenzopyr Addition to Picolinic Acid Herbicides for Russian Knapweed (Acroptilon repens) Control. Weed Technology. Weed Technology. 23:450-454.
- Kniss AR, Lyon DJ, and Miller SD. (2008) Jointed Goatgrass Management with Imazamox-Resistant Cultivars in a Winter Wheat-Fallow Rotation. Crop Science. 48:2414-2420. (Raw data)
- Kniss AR, Miller SD, Westra P, and Wilson RG. (2007) Glyphosate susceptibility in common lambsquarters (Chenopodium album) is influenced by parental exposure. Weed Science. 55:572-577.
- Wilson RG, Miller SD, Westra PH, Kniss AR, Stahlman PW, Wicks GW, and Kachman SD. (2007) Glyphosate-Induced Weed Shifts in Glyphosate-Resistant Corn or a Rotation of Glyphosate-Resistant Corn, Sugarbeet and Spring Wheat. Weed Technology. 21:900-909.
- Lyon DJ, Kniss A, and Miller SD. (2007) Carfentrazone Improves Broadleaf Weed Control in Proso and Foxtail Millets. Weed Technology. 21:84-87.
- Larson RL, Hill AL, Fenwick A, Kniss AR, Hanson LE, and Miller SD. (2006) Influence of glyphosate on Rhizoctonia and Fusarium root rot in sugar beet. Pest Management Science. 62:1182-1192.
- Kniss AR, Wilson RG, Martin AR, Burgener PA, and Feuz DM. (2004) Economic evaluation of glyphosate-resistant and conventional sugarbeet (Beta vulgaris). Weed Technology. 18:388-396.
Funding for Dr. Kniss’s research program has been provided by the following sponsors:
Arysta LifeScience, BASF, Bayer CropScience, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, FMC, Hatch Act Funds – USDA, Loveland Industries, Monsanto, NovaSource, Repar Corporation, StateLine Bean Cooperative, Syngenta, United States Department of Agriculture National Insitute for Food and Agriculture, University of Wyoming Department of Plant Sciences, University of Wyoming School of Energy Resources, Valent, Western Sugar Cooperative, Winfield Solutions, Wyoming Agricultural Experiment Station, Wyoming Crop Improvement Association, Wyoming Department of Agriculture, Wyoming Seed Certification.