The 2012 Agronomic Weed Research Tour will be held at the University of Wyoming James C. Hageman Sustainable Agriculture Research and Extension Center (SAREC) near Lingle, Wyoming on Thursday, June 21, 2012. The tour will begin at 2:30 pm, with a barbecue dinner to follow. Come join us to view the latest weed control research in sugarbeet, corn, dry bean, and winter wheat. Over 20 different studies will be on display. Particular emphasis this year will be on management of glyphosate-resistant kochia (confirmed in Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska), as well as some eye-catching research on shade-avoidance in sugarbeet.
Get new Control Freaks posts via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- As consumers shift to non-GMO sugar, farmers may be forced to abandon environmental and social gains
- Salt, Vinegar, and Glyphosate
- The problem with monoculture
- Glyphosate and Cancer: What does the data say?
- Where are the super weeds?
- Herbicide resistance predates herbicides by over 80 years
- Are herbicides responsible for the decline in Monarch butterflies?
- The "failure" of biotechnology to increase crop yield
- Glyphosate use in wheat
- GMOs and Herbicides: it's complicated